As it turns out, entering the UK job market this year won’t be quite as easy as walking into the US capitol. What with the ongoing pandemic and incoming recession, 2021 is a pretty spicy time to be leaving university. Well – not to worry! UCL Careers have compiled a list of possible options for final-year students to help them navigate these tricky waters.
- Extinguish all hopes you had of a career in the arts. If you did a BSc in Cyber, fantastic. If not, it’s time to retrain.
- Forgo a Master’s degree in favour of therapy. You’re going to need psychological help much more than additional qualifications.
- Qualify as an optometrist. Apparently, you get to work in the wonderful historical site of Barnard Castle.
- Leave Britain. You won’t get a job in this trash heap, so you’d better Brexit ASAP. On the bright side, you do have a degree from London’s Global University.
- If all else fails, why not consider a career as Secretary of State for Health? This highly coveted role has been proven to require absolutely no relevant experience or skills.